Thursday, May 31, 2012

Interview with Kelly Gendron and Spotlight with her book Satisfying the Curse


Welcome to this stop on Kelly's tour and the last day of May.  It has been a terrific month and what better way to close it out then talking about a new book?  Kelly has kindly submitted herself to my drilling..lol.  She has offered up a little insight into her mind and her writing.  Let's take a look at what she had to say:


How old were you when you first realized you wanted to write?
When I was six, I daydreamed. When I was twelve, I did a lot of role-playing in my head. When I was in my teens, and kissed my first boy, I started to write poetry. When I was in my twenties, a single mom, I matured. When I hit my thirties, I stopped daydreaming, set goals, and accomplished them. One of those goals was to write a book. So, I guess the answer would be— always.

Most authors have an unusual story or way that they come up with their ideas for books…Do you have one?
When it comes to my writing, I'm a bit disorganized. My stories always start from the beginning (literally). I think about how I want to start my next book and then I roll with it. The ideas, they could fall from the sky (not literally), or fall from the mouth of the person standing next to me in line at the grocery store. There are no limits. If I hear something intriguing, funny, or interesting, I might just put in the pocket of my brain, take it home with me, and write it down.


What was your biggest influence that steered you towards writing?  
Besides those nagging but awesome characters always whispering in my ear, it was when I went back to college. I had to take an English course. After doing an assignment, a short story, I realized I loved to write. I accepted the whispers and decided it was time to let them be heard.

I have to ask, what are the hardest scenes for you to write?
Hmm... that's a tough one. It really depends on the book. In one of my stories, I had to write about a little boy caught up in a world of human trafficking. It was heart wrenching.

Are sex scenes difficult for you to word?
Nah. We all think about it, we all want it, we all do it (well most of us do) and me, I just take it to the next level, I write about it.

Do you see yourself writing in another genre?
I've written mostly Erotic Romantic Suspense, but I have a few paranormals up my sleeve. I see no limits in my writing. After all, when it comes to a writer, using your imagination is bliss.


Has your family been supportive?
Very! I have a beautiful son who colors my world with laughter and an amazing husband who has been there with me every step of the way.


Are any of your characters reflective of you?
Me, my best friend, my brother, my co-worker, my husband... they are little pieces of the best and worst of anyone I've encountered.


What do you like to do when you're not writing?
I work full time, and write in the evening and on the weekends. Any other spare time I have is spent with my wonderful family.   


Who is your favorite book heroine?
In my first two books, the heroines were capable agents equipped with guns. But my last book, Satisfying The Curse, the heroine is a little different. Her intelligence has her coming off as naïve, but in the end, she's still like my other heroines. She'll stop at nothing to get what she wants and those are the best ones!

Do you have any unusual habits that revolve around writing?
Whenever I'm driving, I put my Bluetooth in my ear so that while I'm conversing with those pesky characters, whispering in my ear, people don't think I'm talking to myself.


What is your favorite mystical creature?
I can’t tell you why, or if it's even in the category of mystical creatures, but it's the Loch Ness Monster. Hold on... okay, I'm back, I just looked it up and Nessie is considered a cryptid a creature whose existence has been suggested but is unrecognized by science and often regarded as highly unlikely.


What were some of your biggest challenges at the beginning of your career?
Being heard! Unlike the whispers in my head, I shouted and screamed in every query letter. I didn’t think anyone was ever going to listen to me. Thankfully, Red Sage Publishing heard me loud and clear!

 
How do you feel about reader comments?
Love them! I'll be quietly sitting on the sofa and I'll let out a little giggle. My husband will cock an eyebrow at me and give me a smile that says he knows I must be romancing my comments on my blog.


Do you have any advice for new authors?
Finish your book, submit, and then start the next one. Do your research, be persistent but patient, and make certain you scream very loudly! Eventually, someone will hear you!


Where are your books available?
Red Sage Publishing ~ Amazon ~ Barnes & Noble ~ All Romance


What can we expect from you in the future?
All grown up bad boys, and the woman who fall in love with them and maybe a little suspense, paranormal happenings, and of course steamy sex  scenes- because remember I can take it to that next level.


Where can we reach you and become informed of updates?
Google me, I should be there somewhere!

Thanks so much for having me here today. It was fun!

Thanks for coming on!!  Let's take a look at the book details:


Juliana Pratt is cursed. Her father's warned her many times she’s destined to be a wanton just like her adulteress mother. It’s why he’s kept her in all-girls schools, hidden away from his elite society. However, when her father's arrested for murder, he needs Juliana to come into the spotlight to portray the doting daughter. Juliana agrees to the interviews and talk shows, but before she goes on the two-week tour of lies about her father, and with him behind bars and unable to stop her, she must first take care of her starving curse.

And Juliana picks the perfect man to get the job done. She secures him to a bed, but fails terribly at finishing the task. Her thoroughly teased curse is left famished. Later, Juliana discovers that the man she’d chosen to fulfill her every fantasy is also the agent assigned to protect her for the next two weeks. Her curse becomes relentless and will stop at nothing until the delectable Agent T. Ryker has satisfied its hunger.

Agent T. Ryker prides himself on his discipline—that is, until his new assignment, Juliana Pratt, puts that renowned discipline to the ultimate test. Once he discovers that Juliana is the woman who drugged and handcuffed him to the bed in his hotel room, he also finds out her true identity. Ryker agrees to satisfy Juliana’s ravenous curse, but he has his own reasons for doing it, and it's not just to give Juliana’s body what it craves... for there is something else Agent T. Ryker wants from Juliana Pratt...


No comments:

Disqus for Close Encounters with the NIght Kind

AddThis

Copyright Text